KDiagram

Dag danders at get2net.dk
Fri Oct 28 15:49:50 BST 2016

Hi Friedrich.
First, a big thanks for the enormous amount of work you have put in to
port to qt5/kf5.

As for KDiagram, I have a few issues.

KChart:
When I remove or add datasets, the labels are not updated. Labels are
updated if I refresh the chart so it can clearly be fixed from outside
KChart, so no big issue.

KGantt:
Printing on multiple pages seems to be possible only "horizontally" as I
can specify a time span to print.
However, if I have more tasks than can fit on one page "vertically" the
printout is scaled to fit the page. I can't see how I can split this on
multiple pages.
I think this requires new API.

Zooming in/out switches between different time scales to make it easier
for user to see where he is. The switching isn't optimal most notably in
the low end (Day/Hour) and in the high end (Year/Month). Inge made a
very useful layout for Year/Day in 2.x but KDAB has totally rewritten
this part of the code so we can't use it :(
They have also added api to add a custom layout, which could be useful,
but maybe we should make it possible to set layouts for all cases.
I would suspect kontact would have an issue with the Day/Hour layout
too.

Cheers, Dag