Release, pretty please?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Nov 2 13:36:58 GMT 2016

Hi...

I've seen that Ubuntu has updated Krita (and Calligra) for Zesty.
Sort of yay, but it's still only 2.9.11 and that's because there
has been no release of Calligra 3, and packaging Krita 3 would
conflict with the packaging of calligra 2.9.11...

I would say that there should be either a Calligra 2.9.12 release
without Krita, or a Calligra 3.0 release. If the problem is that
there's nobody around to make tarballs and upload a Calligra 3.0
release, well, I can do that...

But I really don't want distributions to go on providing Krita
2.9 instead of 3.0 only because they're stuck with Calligra 2.9.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org