What to do with the Krita & Calligra?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon May 30 15:14:32 BST 2016

Hi,

Tomorrow we'll release Krita 3.0. At that point, the stable version
of Krita is no longer part of Calligra. On the other hand, Krita is
still part of the last stable release of Calligra, which makes it
hard for distributions to package both and make them coinstallable.

When we split up Krita and Calligra I had expected both projects to
release more or less at the same moment, especially because the port
seemed to have posed much fewer problems for Calligra than for Krita.

The question is: what do we do now? I guess there are three options:

* Also release Calligra 3.0 Really Soon Now
* Make a Calligra 2.9 release without Krita
* Accept the problem and do nothing

There is a simular problem with the calligra.org website: when will
we remove Krita from the website? When there's a new Calligta
release, now that there's a new Krita release, or...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org