Plan/KGantt

Dag danders at get2net.dk
Mon Jul 4 13:49:16 BST 2016

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau skrev den 2016-07-04 14:32:
> Am Montag, 4. Juli 2016, 14:05:58 CEST schrieb Dag:
>> There are issues with KGantt that needs to fixed.
>> It seems to me KGantt was imported from KDAB right?
>> At least some of the enhancements made for Plan is not in KGantt. Some
>> are but maybe those where sync'ed back to KDAB, I don't quite
>> remember,
>> it was a looong time ago.
>
> When KGantt (as part of KDiagram project) was created from a dump of
> then
> latest state of KDGantt, I tried to go through all custom modifications
> done
> to the Calligra fork of KDGantt and applied them to KGantt.
> Of course possible I missed something :)
>
> Which enhancements are you missing exactly?
Seems handling constraintitems when hide/delete taskitems is missing,
along with year scale and zoom slider.
Also there are some paint issues with taskitems/itemtexts but that might
be straight bugs.

And there is a crash but haven't investigated yet.

>> Anyway, is it ok to merge the missing stuff into KGantt or is there
>> other users that may have issues with that?
>> Afaics kdepim still has it's own copy, but there are maybe others?
>
> Right now I do not know of any other users of KGantt itself (KChart is
> shared
> with KMyMoney & Massif-Visualizer). And ideally the PIM people would
> start to
> adapt to KGantt as well, that is the whole idea here, to reduce the
> number of
> forks :)
Indeed, it would be nice to avoid doing this again, this is not the
first time...

> So should be fine to commit directly. There also was no release yet
> (high on
> my TODO list to get this scheduled though), so no API to break yet
> (though
> ideally only done on Mondays :) ).
Ok, will have a look at this tomorrow.