Introduction of a "type mode" and an "unicode mode" of input

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Jul 3 14:10:11 BST 2016

Am Sonntag, 3. Juli 2016, 12:40:52 CEST schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> On 3 July 2016 at 11:58, René J.V. <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sunday July 03 2016 11:28:28 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> > >On a GUI level: There's KDE GUI for that (there are many equivalents):
> > >https://utils.kde.org/projects/kcharselect/
> >
> > Does that have a KF5 equivalent yet?
>
> ​Nope and for a reason.

May I allow myself to correct things a little?
(Good to see I am not the only one whose memory sometimes fail :) )

There is both a standalone app called kcharselect, which the above link is
about. And there is a Qt5/KF5-based version of it.

Next, there has been a utility class KCharSelect in kdelibs which allowed to
pick a character (sharing a lot of code with the above app).
And this class is also part of KF5, in the module KWidgetAddons:
https://api.kde.org/frameworks/kwidgetsaddons/html/classKCharSelect.html

Cheers
Friedrich