state of release and release plan

Camilla Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Sat Jul 2 07:17:40 BST 2016

Hi

I think it's time we get a release out. We are stuck with not much work going
on so inspired by Dag's return let's do a push to get ready.

I think we should cut down on the number of applications so we have something
manageble left. It's tough but the alternative is that Calligra dies
completely. And nothing prevents us from bringing apps back  later.

So my question is: What is missing for us to have a release. I am not talking
about all the nice to have features and bug fixes. I am asking what would
create huge problems for our users if we release.

Let's get things listed. I'll start:

Words: Nothing blocking

Stage: Nothing I'm aware of

Sheets: ???

Plan: the locale thing? how much would a quick fix take or should we just
exclude Plan from first release?

Karbon: let's exclude from first release

Flow: let's exclude from first release

Kexi: are they even a part of the release schedule anymore

Braindump: let's drop it completely

Common stuff: ???

please fill in

and let's get ready for a release in a month or so ? We need to set a short
deadline to keep motivation high

best regards
Camilla