packaging Calligra: common dependencies?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 11:06:42 GMT 2016

Hi,

Sorry in advance if I could have scraped this information from the build instructions:

I'm starting to look at creating MacPorts ports for Calligra (starting with Karbon). I see that it's possible to build and package a set of Calligra libraries and components shared among all or a major subset of components. That's great because with the MacPorts approach the build and packaging steps are linked, meaning it's not possible to build everything once and then generate packages for individual components.

But support I build and package LIB_CALLIGRA, LIB_KOMAIN and family on their own, how does this work out when building say Karbon or Kexi? Will the build system pick up the fact that the required dependencies are already installed, is their a way to instruct CMake that this is the case, or will I have to prune everything already installed from the package (during the "post-destroot", in MacPorts speak)?

The Calligra 2.9 port I made used a different approach with different installation variants corresponding to different product sets. This time I'd like to make it possible for users to decide exactly which of the supported applications they install or uninstall independently. That will also make it easier for me to concentrate on the different applications in turn without having to uninstall everything when I start adding support for a new Calligra application.

Thanks,
R.