Calligra and Okular versions

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Dec 9 16:17:20 GMT 2016

Thanks for the heads-up, Jonathan.

Am Freitag, 9. Dezember 2016, 15:49:08 CET schrieb Jonathan Riddell:
> Recently Okular's internal version changed and so did the requirement
> for Okular by Calligra.
>
> Okular is now set to 0.99.0 for the stable Applications/16.12 branch
> and Calligra wants 0.99.60.
>
> How before these versions changed I had a version of Calligra master
> (due to become 3.0.0 shortly) which compiled fine with Okular from
> Applications/16.12
> http://build.neon.kde.org/job/xenial_stable_calligra_calligra_bin_amd64/1/
>
> It would be a shame if Calligra released without a version of Okular
> that it worked with also being released.  Does Calligra work with
> Okular from Applications/16.12 ?

Yes, it does.

What happened is that Okular has
ecm_setup_version(0.99.${KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION_MICRO}
                  VARIABLE_PREFIX OKULAR
                  VERSION_HEADER "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/core/version.h"
                  PACKAGE_VERSION_FILE "${CMAKE_CURRENT_BINARY_DIR}/
Okular5ConfigVersion.cmake")

and someone bumped KDE_APPLICATIONS_VERSION_MICRO from 90 to 0, but noone made
sure the 0.99 gets bumped too. :/

Depending on whether 16.12.0 tarballs have already been made either Calligra
needs to adapt to that now, or Okular could still get fixed.

Cheers
Friedrich