Icons installed by apps

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Sep 22 23:17:21 BST 2015

El Dimarts, 22 de setembre de 2015, a les 23:01:06, Jaroslaw Staniek va
escriure:
> On 22 September 2015 at 22:55, Matthias Klumpp <k.matthias12 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Am 22.09.2015 10:32 nachm. schrieb "Albert Astals Cid" <aacid at kde.org>:
> >> El Dimarts, 22 de setembre de 2015, a les 14:17:28, Jaroslaw Staniek va
> >>
> >> escriure:

> >> Install to hicolor?
> >
> > Indeed. If you want to follow the freedesktop spec, hicolor is the place
> > store these icons.
> > Other tools, like AppStream, will also be able to find the icons then, and
> > so do all other desktop environments supporting the xdg spec.
>
> That's good. Thanks. Now if I try to make icon name unique, I am
> adding {appname}- prefix.
> But then {appname} icon (if exists) is used instead. Ideas?

You mean if {appname} and {appname}-foo doesn't right?

the XDG icon spec has some kind of inheritance built into the name so

someaction.png

is chosen if you don't have

someaction-veryspecific.png

So you may want to use another way of prefixing that doesn't mess with that
like and _ or just nothing at all.

Cheers,
  Albert