[Differential] [Commented On] D360: KoFileDialog rather belongs to kowidgetutils than kowidgetsThis way apps can use the class without larger deps of kowidgets

staniek (Jarosław Staniek) noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 17 22:38:25 BST 2015

staniek added a comment.

In https://phabricator.kde.org/D360#7068, @kossebau wrote:

> Issue in any case: this patch misses to also move the test app, filedialogtester.
>
> Then I wonder if we could first come up with a definition what the purpose of kowidgets and kowidgetutils is. And if perhaps we should split them up some more or reshuffle together with other libs.
>  Especially would I like to see a split between QWidget things and non-gui classes, so QtQuick solutions do not get trojan libs which come with QWidget stuff.
>
> Other than that I would agree that KoFileDialog might be rather belong into kowidgetutils, due to not having a dep on other stuff in the Calligra libs, if that is the current difference between kowidgets and kowidgetutils.

Yeah, not using kowidgets in Kexi is my top need.
I try to avoid forking code even temporarily. It's enough that I forked bits of kdelibs4support.

I see kowidgetutils like kexiutils: Tier 0. For now I don't care about dependency on QWidgets but one day an utils lib without QWidgets (Tier -1?) would be handy too.

So I see you want me to update for the filedialogtester...

PS: Quite similarly I'll try to make KIO optional in Kexi so one can add KIO support like a plugin. (that's a good dream) For now some places use local QFiles, some use urls.

REPOSITORY
  rCALLIGRA Calligra

REVISION DETAIL
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D360