Calligra 2.9.8 / Mac

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 16:56:29 BST 2015

Hi,

I've finally gotten around to rebuilding the current stable Calligra version through my MacPorts port. Here are a couple of observations:

Generic:
- git describe still gives a 2.9.7 version
- the "stable/calligra-latest" link on the release image server still points to v2.9.7 too

OS X specific:
- another test was added (TestKoLcmsColorProfile) that attempts to use a plugin module as a shared library. That may work on Linux, but it's bad practice and breaks the build on OS X. I now have to patch 4 CMakefiles for this.
- CalligraFlow and Karbon still load the other's kpart, that is, to work in Karbon one needs to start Flow. I can file a bug report for this, but will only do that if someone is interested to figure out what goes wrong.
- Krita fails to detect the available RAM (undoubtedly because the underlying KDE API isn't implemented on OS X) and should provide a configure setting on platforms where auto-detection doesn't work, or refrain from using it as a limit in the Performance config sheet.

Possibly generic: Krita isn't particularly well-behaved and ignores the system-wide style setting. Using an internal theme is fine, but only if it's optional.

R.