Some suggested changes to statistical functions in Sheets

Jon Cooper jbcooper at fastmail.net
Tue Nov 3 23:46:50 GMT 2015

Greetings all

My first post on here - I am 'bat' in the forum and KDE bug-tracking
thing. As promised, I have tested all of the Calligra Sheets statistical
functions and most of them seem to work well. I found that some of the
t-tests were not calculated quite right so I revised the statistical.cpp
and .xml in the calligra/sheets/functions folder. This bit of stats is
something that I know in some detail since I teach it to first year uni
students (well, 'taught' might be more correct since I am officially
retired now). I also revised some of the text in the statistics.xml and
the math.xml files to try to improve descriptions of the other
functions. I have detailed the changes that I made in the attached pdf
file. I hope some of this helps and I look forward to doing more of this
sort of thing in future since I have a bit more time now and I should do
something useful with it!!
--
  Jon Cooper
  jbcooper at fastmail.net