Krita 3.0 Status

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed May 27 14:41:07 BST 2015

With a lot of help, I managed to get past the Vc/CMake problem today and
build a Vc-enabled version of Krita 3.0 on actual hardware. This probably
was the biggest stumbling block, but there are a bunch of other problems
still that mean that Krita hasn't reached 3.0 status yet (which I define
as, just as good as 2.9, maybe a little bit uglier...)

* On a Dell XPS-13 with Intel GPU and Kubuntu Vivid Vervet, the OpenGL
doesn't seem to work
* The kritarc file isn't read
* Shortcuts do not work
* System-wide icons (like for new, open, save) are missing still
* Other icons are missing, such as those used in the toolbox
* Import/export filters don't work yet (the filter plugins aren't created
yet)
* Painting doesn't work (which is weird, it worked in the OpenSUSE vm)
* The canvas isn't repainted on zooming in or out (which might also be the
painting problem)

Boudewijn