How to modify or create my own slide layouts in Stage?

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Sun Mar 22 15:48:41 GMT 2015

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 11:40 AM, Thorsten Zachmann <t.zachmann at zagge.de> wrote:
>> In Stage, is it possible, and how, to create my own slide layouts? For
>> example, if I choose the KDE Events teamplate, I can see that in the
>> title slide the title text is in the middle of the slide, not at the
>> top. How was the slide layout (on the right hand docker) modified to
>> do this? Can I create completely new slide layouts?
>
> Unfortunately this is not possible in Stage at the moment. There is no user
> interface that would provide what you need. As far as I know the slide layout
> was created in OpenOffice/LibreOffice. I think it should be possible to create new
> slide layouts there.

Ah I see. Unfortunately I find the OpenOffice way of doing this rather
limited and confusing as well. But at least it's something. It could
be a useable approach to create the designs in OpenOffice/LO and then
switch to Calligra for the rest.

>> Finally, in the bottom left plus sign I can apparently add a layer.
>> But I don't see anything happening when I do that. What should I
>> expect to see?
>
> You need to switch the view to Minimal View or Detailed View to see the
> layers. In the thumbnail views the layers are not visible.

Ah, I see. Ok, that could be useful for more complex slides.

> I hope I could have helped you a bit.

Yes, thank you!

henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-5697354        skype: henrik.ingo            irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7