How to modify or create my own slide layouts in Stage?

Henrik Ingo henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
Fri Mar 20 10:07:48 GMT 2015

First, I'd like to congratulate the Calligra developers for getting
this far with a promising (and actively developed!) open source office
suite!

It seems you are right now in that agonizing period where the software
is definitively looking usable, yet documentation is still so scarce I
sometimes cannot do what I want. (Including searching for
stackoverflow or other forums.) So I hope this mailing list will help
me.

In Stage, is it possible, and how, to create my own slide layouts? For
example, if I choose the KDE Events teamplate, I can see that in the
title slide the title text is in the middle of the slide, not at the
top. How was the slide layout (on the right hand docker) modified to
do this? Can I create completely new slide layouts?

A related question is, what is the intended functionality of the
master slides? It looks to me I can essentially define the graphics
and colors of the background and that's it, whereas text and other
objects are defined by the slide layout?

Finally, in the bottom left plus sign I can apparently add a layer.
But I don't see anything happening when I do that. What should I
expect to see?

Henrik

henrik.ingo at avoinelama.fi
+358-40-5697354        skype: henrik.ingo            irc: hingo
www.openlife.cc

My LinkedIn profile: http://fi.linkedin.com/pub/henrik-ingo/3/232/8a7