GSoC participating with Calligra

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sat Mar 14 15:58:01 GMT 2015

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 11:28:06 Станислав Долганов wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm student of Moscow State University, Faculty of Computation Mathematics
> and Cybernetics.
>
> I want to participate in Summer of Code with Calligra. There is only one
> Calligra's project idea on the KDE ideas page and I'm wondering if there
> are some other ideas to implement such as, for example, implementing set of
> financial and scientific functions in Calligra Sheets.
>
> Sincerely yours, Stanislav Dolganov

Hi Stanislav,

There is absolutely nothing that prevents the students to write proposals
based on their own ideas. But of course it is a good idea to contact the
maintainer of the application that you want to work on to see if your idea is
actually what the maintainer wants.

Personally I don't see any problem with your suggestion but I am not in a
position to say aye or nay.  The person you probably want to contact is Tomas
Mecir, or mecirt on IRC.

	-Inge