Issues on OS X: about the kde4_add_plugin macro, and shared vs. module building

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 09:35:16 GMT 2015

On Monday March 09 2015 10:00:25 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>     // Filthy hack alert -- this'll be properly fixed in the mvc branch.
>     if (qApp->applicationName() == "flow" && vec.size() == 2) {
>         return KoDocumentEntry(vec[1]);
>     }

Thanks, I'll try it out.

>In KoDocumentEntry, and it works okay on Linux. I wonder -- what's flow's
>applicationName() on OSX? If that's different, then that's the reason.

Is qApp->applicationName() identical to the name you see on the menubar? If so, yes, that might explain things (not where it got the wrong value from, though). Launching flow indeed brings up karbon (including the name in the menubar) though it's possible that the initial select-a-file-or-template dialog claims to be flow. I'd have to double-check.

If I were to do a really obnoxious hack I'd just swap the app bundles ;)

Any thoughts about those plugins?

R.