Preview of astyle-kdelibs changes up in a branch (was: Re: [Port blocker] Re: [Kexi-devel] RFC: plan for starting the Qt5/KF5 port)

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Thu Mar 5 07:24:01 GMT 2015

On Thursday 05 March 2015 02:56:11 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 12:42:59 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> > Here's a scratchpad to note problems that might have to be solved:
> >
> > https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jhq6oXuXKvTilJhcoS6FVKO7yYRu2yCgBS9ojh
> > c2 QRU/edit?usp=sharing
>
> And here another preview version, that
> * excludes more generated files or external libs
> * used astyle also patched for forEachElement
> * also patched with astyle_comma.diff (not part of provided spec.diff)
>
> branch astyle-kdelibs-result-2015-03-05-kossebau
>
> Please give that another check (e.g. for generated files/imported libs that
> should not be touched), and update the scratchpad with your notes.

As i already like the previous results this is just an improvement afaict.

However, as a pure enhancement, do you know how difficult it would be to
reformat all ctor initialize statements to be like:

class::class()
    : super()
    , member(val)
{

I know it would require a patch, just wondering how much work it would be. If
you don't want to spend time on it we can keep it as it is - but we have like
3 different styles in use so it would be nice to clear it up too,

Please :)