Preview of astyle-kdelibs changes up in a branch (was: Re: [Port blocker] Re: [Kexi-devel] RFC: plan for starting the Qt5/KF5 port)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Wed Mar 4 11:23:41 GMT 2015

Am Mittwoch, 4. März 2015, 00:10:28 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Am Dienstag, 3. März 2015, 23:37:02 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> > First let's verify if astyle-kdelibs changes only whitespace.
>
> Okay, I propose that we wait with the porting start until this got sorted
> out.
>
> No pressing need to really start porting today, 2-3 more days don't hurt
> here, and there are enough bugs to fix for 2.9. Better have all maintainers
> aligned in the goals.
> Most people have more time only at the WE anyway :)
>
> Kicked off a qt5 build for the night to hopefully get that "normalize" tool,
> might give a diff some testing tomorrow afternoon.

I found meanwhile that the normalize tool can be compiled on its own, is not
part of the actual Qt build. So I did, and with the patched astyle ran astyle-
kdelibs on this morning's Calligra master.

Please see the result committed as branch for preview to the central repo,
with 3rd-party, libs/{db,koreport,koproperty}, plugins/reporting not touched,
(because either going to be removed or 3rd-party):

astyle-kdelibs-result-2015-03-04-kossebau

Would those changes work for everyone? Please give feedback as quickly as
possible, so you are heard.
(The branch will be deleted later on, just used for convenience to have
everyone see the possible changes.)

Cheers
Friedrich