More qt5 port notes

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Jun 8 16:43:24 BST 2015

Oh, awesome! Thanks so much. Being able to quickly create an image helps
with testing a lot. It's still weird that plugins don't activate their
actions, though...

I also talked about the opengl canvas problems with kwin maintainer Martin
Graesslin. He was pretty clear that Qt's undocumented qglfunctions thing
is rather badly designed, and he said to use libepoxy instead of either
that or our glew + qlibrary thing, but that doesn't work on osx, and is
another dependency.

I guess we could try to drop qlibrary and use dlopen directly, or figure
out how to fix our code to use QFunctionPointer. I have no idea about that
atm, I need more leisure than I have to look into it.

Boud