Calligra Icons

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 19:02:07 BST 2015

(This reply also covers other responses; but for some reason I haven't
received the rest of the emails properly. Also, sorry for the
double-message Boudewijn. I fail at mailing lists. :/)

By the sounds of it, the first (more traditional) icons are preferred,
basically for the same reasons I dumped the second set. So, if I may rail
the conversation onto these icons:

https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/xgusKHJAjt5OIyW

(Mainly because it's hard to tell which critique is targeted at which set
right now; so I'll work under the assumption that the colour-coded set is
being discarded)

@Jaroslaw Staniek; I'll post a thread in the forums for icon feedback. The
forum can sometimes move a bit slower than rapid iteration, but I'll try to
get forum feedback in before the freeze.

The Kexi icon was actually the icon with the most iterations! ;) Originally
I kept almost exactly on the original design, but the Breeze icon set isn't
meant to have 3D effects, so ultimately I made several abstractions until I
settled with the 'head on' icon. I think I re-did that Icon ~4 times. If
you want to email me that professional logo I can certainly put it in the
private VDG chat to see what the wizards have for it.

@C. Boemann; This doesn't need to be about changing the icons in your
applications, this is simply the potential rollout for the Breeze style.
That being said if we could work towards a set which you folks would be
proud to fly in your applications - all the better - but Breeze is aiming
to ship with a style appropriate for the desktop as a whole. We'd really
like your feedback on the icons even you don't seem them suitable for
official use, so you can be as happy as possible with your representation
in the Breeze icon set.

@René J.V. Bertin; for the Flow icon I can alternate between light and dark
to help the visually impaired better see the arrows, make the "shaded"
parts of the Kexi logo darker, and make the Words pen a bit clearer.