Calligra Icons

Ken Vermette vermette at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 05:51:55 BST 2015

'Ello Calligra devs;

This is Ken Vermette from the VDG.

We're working to better round out application icons for the upcoming 5.4
release, and we've produced two sets of icons for Calligra applications.
One set is "libre-like" in being colour-coded. The next set is a more
traditional set of icons with a uniquely drawn image for each application.
Here's some links to the two versions as they are now;

https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/xgusKHJAjt5OIyW
https://share.kde.org/index.php/s/QKBBJJxskII2J4i

(Icons in order are Karbon, Flow, Author, Braindump, Sheets, Plan,
Plan(work), Words, Kexi, and Stage for both images)

We'd like to get your feedback for which version is preferred, and any
feedback for the preferred version or specific icons. We currently have the
more traditional set in master, though we can easily switch. If opinions
are split the VDG seems to be leaning towards the traditional set.

The artwork freeze is the 6th, so if I could have any feedback before the
end of the month it would be greatly appreciated so I can make changes and
ensure the repos are updated. I can also outright replace some icons if you
tell me what is needed in the next few days. I apologise for the hasty
timeline. :/

Thank you, great work on Calligra!
 - Ken