OOOOPS

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 18:43:44 GMT 2015

On Wednesday January 21 2015 18:38:25 Stefano Bonicatti wrote:

> You didn't reverted commits, you had an "old" branch apparently and did a
> merge of your fix instead of a fast-forward (if you look carefully to the

Yes, that I know. For once I followed git's commands because I had already committed my point-change locally, and *thought* (naively...) that git would do the most logical thing.

> I think that unless someone wants to clean the history with the "bad git
> push -f" there's nothing to be done (but i'm no boss here :P).

> I don't know how you normally do your stuff but:

> 1) git checkout calligra/2.9
> 2) git pull (here we update calligra to the latest commits already pushed)
> 3) git checkout branchwithfix (branch that even before your fixes may not
> be in sync with calligra/2.9)
> 4) git pull --rebase . calligra/2.9 (put your fix/fixes on top of
> calligra/2.9 commits)
> 5) git checkout calligra/2.9
> 6) git merge branchwithfix
> 7) git push

I usually remember to do a git pull before committing local changes. I find it easier to have a git clone and a copy of that as my working directory, and when the above series of commands (each of which does some form behind-the-scenes stuff) I understand why.

I think I should be able to rebase on the commit just before mine, then apply my local change and recommit, correct?

R.