Bugs in Krita which should be fixed before the release

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Feb 23 12:47:06 GMT 2015

On Mon, 23 Feb 2015, Cyrille Berger wrote:

> On 2015-02-23 01:14, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> +1
>> Yes, we've been acting with this plan in mind. I see many of us are
>> working extra hard to meet this deadline; Dmitry's post shows this
>> clearly too. Please, there were no risk or issues reported to the list
>> so I can only conclude 26 is the deadline.
>>
>> The problem is not just that 2.9 wouldn't be released one time (which
>> would be a pity given there are not known no technical or other
>> issues), the problem I see is that no work on 3.0 could really start
>> on time, what I promised to contributors I work with. What it does to
>> our cadence and what message is sent.
>
> No matter what, we can consider that master is re-open, and since the
> translations are pointing to the right place now, there shoulde be no
> problem with making changes to master.
>
> But since this seem to disturb people, I would do the tagging tomorrow.

I'm sorry if I offended you somehow -- but for me the issue isn't about
when master opens, it's about releasing on the date we promised our users.
A lot of people are enormously looking forward to this release, and we've
all done our best to create as much interest as possible, for instance
with the count-down banner on krita.org and by sending a preview of the
release notes to journalists.

Boudewijn