Getting to 100 % succedding tests (for 2.9), or, simply dropping them all?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 14:33:05 GMT 2015

> Am Freitag, 6. Februar 2015, 08:08:53 schrieb Elvis Stansvik:
> > But, re. running certain only certain sets of test, perhaps we could
> label
> > tests using
> >
> >    set_tests_properties(SomeTest SomeOtherTest PROPERTIES LABELS
> "stress")
> >    set_tests_properties(FooTest BarTest PROPERTIES LABELS "integration")
>
> Nice, did not know, that indeed might help us to get somewhere.

Yep. Me neither, found through some googling.

> > and then pass -L / -LE to ctest using e.g.
> >
> >   make test ARGS="-LE integration"
>
> Oh, something new I could learn here, Makefile macro definition by
> arguments
> to make, interesting :)
> Just, that "ARGS" cmake macro is not really defined somewhere, or? Found
> it in
> the generated Makefile for the "test" target. Possibly some legacy thing
> and
> only traded in secret circles :)

Yea, that's how I found it too. And then found what to google for, and
indeed some people seem to make use of it. But like you say, not documented
afaics :/ Perhaps we could nudge to CMake folks to make this a supported
thing.

> Played a little with that locally, and think this is worth to investigate
> more
> into.
>
> Assuming the properties "stress", "integration" and "unit" are mutual
> exclusive, I guess having some convenience wrappers might make sense, e.g.
> having these dedicated macros
>
>         calligra_add_unittest
>         calligra_add_integrationtest
>         calligra_add_stresstest
>
> defined like e.g.
>
>         macro(calligra_add_unittest _test_NAME)
>                 set(_targetName ${_test_NAME})
>                 if( ${ARGV1} STREQUAL "TESTNAME" )
>                         set(_targetName ${ARGV2})
>                 endif()
>                 kde4_add_unit_test(${_test_NAME} ${ARGN})
>                 set_tests_properties(${_targetName} PROPERTIES LABELS
> "UNITTEST")
>         endmacro()
>
> This should protect against typos and keep the code simple.
>
> And invoking them might be doable by separate targets, e.g.
>
>         add_custom_target(unittest
>                           COMMAND ctest --force-new-ctest-process -L
> \"UNITTEST\")
>
> so on the command-line
>         make unittest
> will result in the test run, but just of all unittests.

Yep. All the sugar above sounds nice.

> Have just pinged also sysadmin by a ticket for their experience and
> proposals,
> how our requirements could be solved on CI side, i.e. everything built but
> only env-independent tests run there.

Great.

Elvis