making a poster/flyer

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 09:23:39 GMT 2015

Hi,

A bit of a generic question ... I've been asked to make a poster to advertise an event of a club where I'm about the only one with computer knowledge (as if that's got anything to do with it :))

The posters I've made before were all big, complex affairs for use in scientific conferences, for which I used Star/OpenOffice Impress and later InDesign (though I think also did one or twice in PowerPoint and maybe even Excel...)

What's the most appropriate Calligra module to use for this kind of thing? I think Krita would probably (a bit) overkill on the one hand and (maybe?) lack a number of convenience function for text layout on the other hand (and I simply have an almost complete lack of experience with PhotoShop-like applications). I gave Calligra Stage a quick look but the version (2.9.2) on the system I tried wouldn't even auto-size a text frame to keep up with changing text dimensions, surely that was an operator error?

Thoughts?

Thanks,
René