Why I love(d) Krita to be part of Calligra (was: Re: After 2.9.7)

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Mon Aug 31 11:38:43 BST 2015

On Monday 31 August 2015 03:46:23 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 30. August 2015, 20:36:06 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> > Long mail :-) Sven already said a lot of what I wanted to say. The thing
> > is, with KOffice 2.0, we actually got further along the road to making
> > fine-grained composite document possible. We got further than Apple,
> > IBM or Microsoft with projects like Taligent, Opendocs or OLE. Sure, we
> > made architectural mistakes, but to very large extent, the result works.
>
> Which is what seems so great about Calligra for me :)
>
> > With Calligra Gemini you can already combine hand-written annotations
> > with your document, for instance.
>
> Oh, not noticed that, how can one do that? I saw voice and pre-made
> stickers, but pen input based option is at least not visible to me in the
> UI, also not on a touch device. Which code to look out for?

  The scribbling only works for on-canvas presentation things, not for
documents in general - it is indeed only pre-made stickers (and stylised
sticker type things with a small amount of text), not full blown scribble-
everywhere support.

> Then, Calligra Gemini seems rather dead, no commit since it was imported :/
> But I have hopes that I can sit together with leinir at Randa next week :)
> and revive this former beauty (rotten in master ATM) or at least see how to
> rescue the QtQuick bits for other usages.

  That is absolutely happening, yes - i use Gemini daily, and would be more
than a little sad to see it go away :)

..dan / leinir..
http://leinir.dk/