What If OpenDocument Used SQLite?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 00:30:41 BST 2015

On Tuesday August 25 2015 00:59:28 Jos van den Oever wrote:

> 5) Content is inaccessible.
>     XML matches office documents much closer than SQL. Formatting XML is
> easy and automatically done by most viewers.

I'd cite 5) for content stored in sql files ... Storing a text document in a text-based format means you can get at the text with only very basic tools, and I consider that an insurmountable advantage. Esp. once you've seen how relatively easy it is to corrupt an sql file in just the ways to make the entire file unreadable.