CI for Calligra 3, reintegration

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Aug 5 14:27:31 BST 2015

On Tue, 4 Aug 2015, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been chatting with Ben Cooksley about CI. As you know Kexi 3 is
> kept in separate branches kexi-frameworks*-staniek. During all the
> porting phase this code was not included in the CI. From the
> CI-architecture point of view it's not feasible or manageable to add
> jobs for custom branches.
>
> Because of the CI and because the porting stage is at advanced stage I
> propose that we take steps towards the final re-integration of the
> code.
> I am OK with helping with git wizardry to make merges relatively
> painless (this applies mostly to Krita I think).

Michael Abrahams fixed Krita's opengl canvas in the frameworks branch
today. Well, there's one TODO and that is getting rid of GLEW. Michael,
were you looking into that as well? If not, I can look into it.

Then there are some weirdnesses left, one of which is the way the window
only gets painted after a while on startup, which is really irksome or the
way the selection in the layerbox is drawn half over the next layer.

But the weirdnesses wouldn't mean that I don't think that frameworks is in
a close-to-3.0 state, the state we defined as "no major feature
regressions" and ready for starting to split the repository up and doing
the real porting and cleanup.

>From that moment, merging commits to 2.9 is going to be a lot of work,
though :-(

Boudewijn