Calligra Active interests you? Adopt it for the Qt5/KF5 port now!

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 16 22:14:29 BST 2015

Hi,

as you might know, Calligra now also started porting to Qt5/KF5. We are
currently reaching the end of stage 1, where everything is readded to the
build ("links? done!"), with next stage then to fix anything that broke or
regressed.

And it seems noone in the current set of active Calligra developers has enough
love left for Calligra Active. So as it stands Calligra Active would be left
behind during the porting phase for now :(

And it is not because Calligra is not QtQuick-ready. Just remember the recent
addition of Calligra Gemini [G], or the Krita Sketch/Gemini variants, which
are all about touch UIs done with QtQuick.

>From what I heard Plasma Active is currently also searching for more developer
love. Now, get yourself inspired and perhaps motivated again by helping out in
the Calligra Active port. After all Calligra Active is one of the few KDE apps
that actually provided adaption to the ideas of Active, thus it is more easy
to relight the fire here :)

So activate Calligra Active, again, now yourself! [CA]