Review Request 122867: Replace deprecated strstream classes with sstreams in Quattro Pro filter

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Apr 5 18:36:14 BST 2015

On Sunday, April 05, 2015 18:01:02 Robert Mathias Marmorstein wrote:
> > On March 10, 2015, 4:35 a.m., Thorsten Zachmann wrote:
> > > The patch looks good to me.
> >
> > Robert Mathias Marmorstein wrote:
> >     I downloaded the tests from calligratests, but haven't been able to
> >     get the QPro plugin to work well enough to test this at all.  I'm
> >     really hesitant to commit without further testing.  To be completely
> >     frank, this plugin seems to be in pretty bad shape.  Someone with
> >     more experience than me should probably look it over and decide if
> >     it's worth keeping.>
> > Camilla Boemann wrote:
> >     I don't think anyone around knows this filter better than you would,
> >     and if you cant find any sampe qpro files on the web then we will
> >     just have to hope for the best i guess>
> > Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >     If the filter is essentially untestable because there are no more
> >     files out in the wild to test with, then I'd agree that removing it
> >     is the best option.
> The problem isn't really finding test cases -- the calligratests svn repo
> has some -- it's that the "stream" part of the plugin that parses that file
> doesn't seem to work properly (even before these patches) so it's hard to
> test.

I get a crash in KoFilterChooser, namely here:

54          m_filterList = new QListWidget(page);
55          layout->addWidget(m_filterList);
56          page->setLayout(layout);
57
58          Q_ASSERT(!m_mimeTypes.isEmpty());    <--- this line
59          for (QStringList::ConstIterator it = m_mimeTypes.constBegin();
60                  it != m_mimeTypes.constEnd();
61                  ++it) {

I don't think the problem is in the qpro filter, this is somewhere else.  And
this is in 2.9.