Proposals for blacklisting products/features on cmake call wanted (was: Re: Review Request 118510: small rework of product sets: products, features and product sets)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Oct 25 19:52:34 BST 2014

Hi Yue and all,

(resent, as this email got no attention in July, but issue still unsolved)
(moving over from RB to mailinglist, now with proper subject)

Am Sonntag, 20. Juli 2014, 06:07:50 schrieb Yue Liu:
> How to disable a specific feature? I want to build SHEETS but disable
> FEATURE_SCRIPTING because kdelibs-stripped on OSX doesn't have kross.
> Cannot redefine it through commandline, cmake complain "Feature
> "FEATURE_SCRIPTING" already defined, as ""."

Disabling of features or products by the commandline interface still needs
proper support. One thing stopping me was being unsure what usecases there are
for custom blacklisting of certain features or products.

So far disabling is officially supported by adding dedicated code in the
section "Detect which products/features can be compiled" in the toplevel
CMakeLists.txt:
a) disabling products/features due to missing external dependencies
   (RR upcoming this WE to improve logging about actual missing deps)
b) adding an entry "Temporarily broken products"

For your usecase I wonder if that would not be something to add to a) for
everyone using kdelibs-stripped on OSX?

But in general, what commandline interface would be useful (and for which use-
cases)? So far it is about whitelisting, e.g. by '-DPRODUCTSET="KRITA
SHEETS"'. How and when would you like to do the blacklisting?

Cheers
Friedrich