Telling packagers about runtime deps (was: Re: Calligra licensing and copyright bits)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sun Nov 2 00:42:43 GMT 2014

Am Freitag, 24. Oktober 2014, 12:22:33 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> In general, it's probably a good idea for linux distributions to make Krita
> depend on argyll and openicc's profile packages. (I'm not sure if those are
> separate in Debian, I'm an opensuse user). For my windows builds, I'll just
> package those as well.

Those are runtime deps, right?

>From packagers at Akademy I heard they like runtime deps to be also noted by
cmake log. I found that other projects do it like this:

   find_package(SOME_PACKAGE)
	set_package_properties(SOME_PACKAGE
		PROPERTIES TYPE RUNTIME
		PURPOSE "Necessary for something"
	)

So for argyll and openicc's profile packages (and other runtime deps in
Calligra) we should possibly use that as well.

Cheers
Friedrich