linking error

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Mar 3 14:51:35 GMT 2014

On 2014-03-02 23:15, Andrius da Costa Ribas wrote:
> I'd guess this would be something close to case 4
> of https://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?style=printable&part=1&chap=3
> [7] but according to the cmake file -fPIC is actually being used. I
> don't have a linux setup but since -fPIC is ignored on Windows this
> may be the reason I didn't get this error on MinGW. Is there any
> specific reason libmso is static (while e.g. libmsooxml isn't)?
>
> dirty solution = using "if (MINGW)" for this specific part?

That said, I got report that it works on some linux distributions, so
this might be one specification combination of gcc/ld/binutils.

That said, mso get linked in kw2 and then linked again in the plugin,
and that is getting a bit ugly, and most likely calling for problems. So
yes, it feels like there is three solutions:

1) quick and dirty with "if (MINGW)", but we may get the problem again
later for other platforms
2) make libmso a shared library
3) compile kowv2 in the plugin and link libmso as static, but only once
(there is no real point in having kowv2 a shared library, unless it is
used in several places)

--
Cyrille Berger Skott