2.8 changelog and stories

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Mar 3 08:40:03 GMT 2014

On Monday 03 March 2014 Mar 00:25:31 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> Hello,
> 2.8.0 has been tagged by Cyrille today.
> As we're getting closer to public 2.8 release on Wednesday March 5,
> changelog and short stories from each maintainer is needed by Tuesday.
>
> My part for Kexi:
> http://community.kde.org/Kexi/Releases/Kexi_2.8#List_of_changes

Here's the draft for the release article for krita.org:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-_z_ofFCQfb4Vm09WsUMxT04xmM-RxD7UutpYhXUMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Short summary for the calligra.org announcement:

Krita 2.8.0 is the first stable release of Krita for Windows. Supported by the Krita Development Fund (http://krita.org/support-krita#general), an enormous amount of work has been done improving the support for graphics tablets. Both Huion (http://huiontablet.com/) and Wacom (wacom.com) have generously donated hardware to help us realize the improved support. The OpenGL support has been rewritten and now sports an amazingly high-quality scaling algorithm which is very suitable for working with detailed high-res lineart.

Artists working on games will be pleased with the wrap-around mode that tiles artwork dynamically, making creating seamlessly tiled textures really easy. The clones array feature gives games developers an easy way to create artwork for tiled games.

G'Mic integration means opening up the enormous set of filters and image manipulaiton algorithms developed by David Tschumperle (http://gmic.sourceforge.net/) at the Greyc lab in Caen. There are many improvements and additions to Krita's native filters as well, thanks to Sahil Nagpal's Google Summer of Code project.

And, of course, more than seven hundred bugs have been fixed, there are many usability enhancements, performance improvements, improvements in file import/export compatibility. For a full report, go to krita.org (XXX) or read the introduction to Krita 2.8 (XXX)

----

The last two links will go live on Wednesday :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt