Static code analysis

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 09:03:10 BST 2014

On Friday June 06 2014 05:46:52 Inge Wallin wrote:

> Of all the category of bugs that the static code analysis can capture, are
> there one or a few that are extra important to fix? If so, then we could
> perhaps put up some wiki page with the analysis result for that type of bug.

First thing that comes to mind (because I saw it during my "memory refresh" yesterday :) ) : It'll catch (potential) cases of using "garbage values", i.e. variables that (maybe) haven't initialised. It cannot eliminate all false alarms, but this kind of bug *is* a source of often hard to track issues, in my experience.

R.