Calligra 2.8 Beta 3 ?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Feb 25 10:25:04 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 04 February 2014 Feb 10:41:20 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I wouldn't mind an extra beta. We've fixed most of the bugs on the list
> already, and getting some testing would be nice. I would like to release
> 2.8.0 this month, though.
>
> So maybe tag the beta this weekend, and then tag for release 22nd, with
> the release on the 26th?

So we don't have a release on the 26th :-(. Nobody apparently took the effort to read this proposal or answer it, and I was stupid enough to assume that meant assent. Quite a few people are waiting for the 2.8.0 release, and I was dumb enough to tell them the 26th... For me, this is a bit of a disaster.

09:06:39 < boud> CyrilleB: did you tag 2.8.0 already?
09:09:56 < CyrilleB> no not yet
09:10:12 < boud> ok
09:10:47 < boud> apart from really wanting to figure out a way to restore krita to a working state after enabling opengl on a broken windows install, we're good to go as
                 far as krita is concerned
09:10:54 < CyrilleB> possibly next week-end, but I need to talk to ingwa to plan the announcement better for that release
09:11:10 < boud> aw... I thought we'd planned on releasing the 26th

But I want to really fix the release date, there are a lot of press releases and other marketing stuff to get ready and send out.

Can we fix the relase on March 5th? If it's only the calligra.org announcement coordination that's blocking the release, that should be doable, right?

--
Boudewijn Rempt