Calligra Maintainers - status updated - more applications about to be freezed

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Dec 15 13:01:03 GMT 2014

Am Montag, 15. Dezember 2014, 13:04:53 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> Hi,
> While 2.9 Beta is out (congrats!), I am sending this to confirm we're
> looking for new contributors and more contributions for our nice apps.
>
> A term of "freeze" has been coined and now more or less applies to
> various apps: https://community.kde.org/Calligra/Maintainers.
>
> More strictly: "Proposed for freeze in 3.0 if no contributors join"
>
> * Carbon and Plan is known to be in this situation already.
> * Calligra Author and Braindump were the new kids labeled as
> experimental and are now in this group too.
> * It's sad to admit Calligra Sheets and Stage also received close to
> no contributions in recent releases so also are candidates to
> freezing.
>   This is serious thing as we're talking about core office applications.

I at least plan to do the porting for
* Stage
* Plan
* Karbon (perhaps)

Plan I have given a little bit of love before already, so while not a real
maintainer I still try to keep it alive as it is (because it is not rotten and
works nicely for some), e.g. did some bugfixing for 2.8.7. Well, could be
called maintainer then, really.

Stage has my interest from ODF point of view, I really would like some Qt/KF-
based modules for ODP. And Stage itself is also used inside Calligra Gemini,
so Leinir surely also will do some care/enhancement bits there. So perhaps
both of us could become maintainers there?

Karbon I am not sure yet, given Flow is so close to it in functionality (and
wasn't there the plan to merge them?). But you might remember, I miss my Corel
Draw, and Karbon is what could fill that gap... so at least tempted to also
push it to a qt5/kf5-world instance if time is there (actually, given that
SVG-loading is screwed up currently in flake-based apps, I might even have to
look into Karbon-related code, as I like to use SVG-objects in my documents)

Cheers
Friedrich