calligra/2.9 has been branched

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Dec 13 17:01:58 GMT 2014

Hi Cyrille,

Am Montag, 8. Dezember 2014, 17:29:13 schrieb Cyrille Berger:
> calligra has now been branched in calligra/2.9. Please refrain from
> pushing anything to master, I am going to look into locking it tomorrow.

Should that lock already be in action? Scripty has committed something two
days ago, and yesterday a GCI task commit arrived in master, so seems not yet.

Anything people can help with?

Scripty and build.kde.org also need to learn about the new branch states.

For scripty this poses the question: what is the "stable" branch and what is
"master"/"trunk", with master branch being frozen and any translations done
for it running risk to be wasted effort, given that qt5/kf5 port will change
some strings possibly? Perhaps the translators just need to be told that
calligra master is subject of upcoming changes and should not see changes, no
idea if there is a mechanism to enforce that.

For build.kde.org I propose to dump "calligra_master" while master is frozen
(no need to display a branch which is not touched anyway), and make
"calligra_stable" compile the 2.9 branch. Will file a request to sysadmin
tomorrow on Sunday, unless someone objects. Once the qt5/kf5 port starts, we
would ask for matching separate builds on build.kde.org again.

Cheers
Friedrich