Splitting the calligra repository

Sune Vuorela nospam at vuorela.dk
Mon Aug 18 15:27:52 BST 2014

On 2014-08-18, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know we sort of decided to only do this after 2.9, but I just picked up
> Jonathan Riddell's discussion on irc on how our current repository and
> release makes life harder for packagers -- basically a split up repo
> would be easier, apparently.

With my packager hat on, it is much more important than 'small bits' to
have only public stable components.

Building a larger thing only takes cpu time, but trying to manage poorly
managed libraries requires quite some brain time.

I don't have the impression that the calligra team is willing to put in
the resources to actually do proper library management.

/Sune