How to merge rebased branch properly?

Lukast dev lukast.dev at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 18:41:09 BST 2013

Hello,

recently I did this command in my branch krita-gmic-ltvrdy:

git pull --rebase origin master

It merged somehow master into my branch and rebased all
commits of branch on top, then when I pushed some new commits,
it also managed to push some commits again (rebased ones)

I had to merge, weird commit that followed
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=calligra.git&a=commit&h=cb53a2c814b83e55d30bb2963596ff9be7ad8adb

Now I don't know how to merge the branch correctly. Command:

git merge krita-gmic-ltvrdy

replays all the commits from branch on top again...I just wanted to have
merging commit.
I think it is not ok, the rebase step was huge mistake of mine :-/

Can you suggest correct way to merge feature branch in this case?
Should I squash the commit like this
http://stackoverflow.com/a/5309051/1068199?

Cheers
Lukas Tvrdy