The future of Calligra Active

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Mar 14 09:07:52 GMT 2013

On 2013-03-14 09:36, Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> On 13.03.2013 21:28, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
>> In QML as we know, with proper separation of data structures (i.e.
>> when components do not interfere) it's possible to insert and "app"
>> within another "app" and that's almost for free.
>
> That probably won't be used in Plasma Active for the above reasons,
> but it's good that you have that flexibility, of course.

What Jaroslaw means is that you can have a single process "swap-in"
application, so you would get different UI for docs, sheets,
presentations, but all running in a single process.

In the end, it really is just an implementation detail, I guess the
original question is not whether we should have different processes, but
if we should separate the UI.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott