class Private or FooPrivate?

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jun 23 04:51:14 BST 2013

I got a comment from Zagge in a review request lately about naming of the
private class.  So I did a little investigation and there is a mix of two
styles:  class Private (i.e. Foo::Private) and class FooPrivate.

here's a short summary of the current state of things:

			Foo::Private			FooPrivate
libs/odf		18 classes			6 classes
libs/flake	50 classes			46 classes
libs/main	25 classes			17 classes

I suggest that we standardize on Foo::Private. This would mean that in the .h
file we will end the class with the following code snippet:

class Foo
{
public:

private:
    class Private:
    Private * const d;
};

Sounds good?  If there is agreement I can put this on the wiki where we keep
our coding standards.

	-Inge