Parametric QML-Shapes, Filetype

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Mon Jun 17 10:59:26 BST 2013

Hi

> Hi, looks interesting. Could you publish some thoughts on this (use
> cases, examples with code) without going into internals for now?
Following use case:
Given you wanna draw a digital block diagram.
Your Multiplexer should have 3 inputs and 1 outputs, our 1 input and 3 outputs.
You could easily give a generic QML "stencil" these informations
as a parameter and it will generate a correct shape for you.
With correct connection nodes.
By clicking on the shape you should be able to change these values
then in the properties field of the shape, which will then cause the
application to redraw the whole shape with the changed properties.
There are many other use cases like custom registers and flipflop stacks
you could handle way more easily this way.

greatings
David