Notes on porting to Qt5

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Jul 31 11:43:50 BST 2013

On 07/29/2013 05:12 PM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> * plugins
>
> Sebastian Kuegler has a number of patches on reviewboard that make
> porting plugins from the old KDE style to the new Qt style a breeze.
> We need to investigate whether we can reuse that work without dragging
> in all of KF5 or Qt 5.2.

Where is the code?

> * kdefakes
>
> The kdefakes library as started by Sebastian Sauer needs be expanded
> to be more than a set of fake headers. for instance...

Nah, there is plenty implementation for all things *really* required to
run (Coffice and Active) on Linux, Android, Sailfish, Windows, etc.
Everything else is optional imho. The question is how much functionality
you *REALLY* need for a Calligra QWidgets UI. I think shortcuteditor or
notifications-dialog are not the important things to lose time with atm.
Comment out till KF5.