Calligra 3.0 for Qt 5.1?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jul 30 12:23:33 BST 2013

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013, Jos van den Oever wrote:

> The KIODevice : public QIODevice would have to have an async implementation
> like QTcpSocket and QProcess. No rocket science, but something to keep in
> mind. waitForReadyRead() and waitForBytesWritten() would be needed to block
> until KIO::FileJob gives back data.

For calligra, I think that sychronous would be quite okay -- and I think
that even just using local files would be quite okay. In fact, I am sure
that there quite a few places where non-local KIO file handling was
broken.

> Perhaps KF already has an adaptor that returns a QIODevice from a
> KIO::FileJob.
>
> Do we need more KIO than simply
>  FileJob *KIO::open(const KUrl &url, QIODevice::OpenMode mode)
> ?

Well, we use KIO in 218 places in 93 files --

KIO::NetAccess::del
KIO::move
KIO::NetAccess::synchronousRun
KIO::move
KIO::storedHttpPost
KIO::copy
KIO::NetAccess::download
KIO::NetAccess::exists
KIO::NetAccess::stat
KIO::NetAccess::removeTempFile
KIO::NetAccess::upload
KIO::file_copy
KIO::filePreview
KIO::PreviewJob::availablePlugins()
KIO::storedGet
KIO::moveAs

Seems to be the sum of the KIO api we use -- plus what's hidden inside
KFileDialog and so on.

Boud