Calligra 3.0 for Qt 5.1?

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 18:57:11 BST 2013

Hi, Boud and all!

I cannot tell much about the details of the porting, but I'd like to add
two thoughts:

1) Our master is currently in releasable state, which is exactly what we
wanted to achieve a couple of sprints before. I think we shouldn't drop
this achievement. I should admit that many painters use the script by
David, which also depends on master branch. It might be not very easy to
explain all the people to switch branches while using the script (yeah, we
have such experience with compiling Vc 0.7). With breaking master by the
porting work, Krita Lime releases will not be possible anymore. At least we
will need a special branch for backports and we will have to maintain it,
which is hardly possible.

2) Dropping KDE Framework completely... well, I know at least one
regression we will get: we will not be able to Drag&Drop images from
Firefox, because it drops them as url's, which is currently handled by KIO.

I think this port should currently happen in a separate branch. I will
personally try to use it for my development and back/forward-port my
patches between it and master. And I would really like to avoid breaking
the KIO-based features. Or at least make it configurable by cmake.

--
Dmitry Kazakov