Bug in shape opacity save

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Mon Jan 14 17:57:52 GMT 2013

Hello

On Saturday 12 January 2013 19:06:30 Sven Langkamp wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Jean-Nicolas Artaud
>
> <jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I've found a bug in calligra using stage. I'm on the master.
> >
> > Way to reproduce:
> >
> > o Add a shape on the slide. (hexagon tested)
> > o Change its opacity. (StrokeFillDocker tested)
> > o Save the document.
> > o Quit and relaunck Stage, open the saved document.
> > o The opacity is 100% (BUG)
> > o Try to play with the opacity (with the StrokeFillDocker for instance)
> > and
> > it doesn't affect the shape (BUG)
> >
> > Don't hesitate to come back to me if you need more informations, I'm ready
> > to answer and help you if necessary.

I think I can shade some light into this. There are two ways to set the
opacity. One is the opacity in the slide and fill docker and the other is in
the color of the fill/border. The opacity in the fill/border is saved while the
one in the opacity field is not. The one in the field gets applied to both the
opacity of the fill and border. This only gets saved as far as I know when
saving to svg. Problem is that odf does not support that value. One think that
could be done on saving to odf is to calculate a values out of the color and
the opacity box and save that. However on loading it will be stored only in
the color. If we also want to restore the value in the box we would need to
save the value in a additional tag so it could be calculated again.

I hope that helps a bit.

Thorsten