[calligra] /: added retina compatible icon support for osx

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Jan 11 17:57:11 GMT 2013

Hi Yue,

Am Donnerstag, 20. Dezember 2012, 19:36:02 schrieb Yue Liu:
> Git commit 11c4dc0273fd08d69af5bc05fb97d9d6255cac2e by Yue Liu.
> Committed on 16/12/2012 at 08:33.
> Pushed by liu into branch 'master'.
>
> added retina compatible icon support for osx
> REVIEW: 107753

after having removed the karbon, kexi, krita app icons from the oxygen-iconset
I found out that I, other than thought, had not yet completely removed them:
in the subdir scalable/apps/small of the oxygen-iconset there are also SVGs
from which the small pixmaps are done, e.g.:
scalable/apps/small/48x48/kexi.svgz
scalable/apps/small/48x48/krita.svgz
scalable/apps/small/48x48/karbon.svgz

See
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/kdesupport/oxygen-icons/scalable/apps/small/48x48

Looking into the icons which were added to the Calligra repo in this commit of
yours it seems all those svgz for the small icons are missing.

So can you tell who did the current icons?
Were those small svgz ignored on purpose? Or simply forgotten/unknown?
If the latter, could those small-version svgz be copied to Calligra, debranded
from KOffice and then used to create the small pixmaps replacing the current
ones?

I think the small icon pixmaps made from the special small svgz files look
better, more crispy and less blurred due to less detail and more pixel
alignment, cmp. e.g. the old
http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/KDE/4.10/oxygen-
icons/32x32/apps/karbon.png?revision=1328624&pathrev=1328624
with the new
https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra/repository/revisions/master/entry/karbon/pics/app/hi32-
app-karbon.png

So the additional svgz for the small pixmaps are worth it to keep IMHO. Would
you agree?

Cheers
Friedrich