Note: upcoming RR for KoOdfWriteStore handling the manifest creation automatically (was: Re: [calligra] filters/stage/kpr2odf: Do not write a manifest entry for the "Thumbnails" directory in Filterkpr2odf)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jan 8 13:16:36 GMT 2013

Am Montag, 7. Januar 2013, 05:27:36 schrieb Inge Wallin:
> On Sunday, January 06, 2013 18:55:07 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Git commit 3bd6df2332edb1d3a18e853deaf255c874b144c9 by Friedrich W. H.
> > Kossebau. Committed on 06/01/2013 at 18:54.
> > Pushed by kossebau into branch 'master'.
> >
> > Do not write a manifest entry for the "Thumbnails" directory in
> > Filterkpr2odf
> >
> > By ยง 4.3 of ODF 1.2 Part 3:
> > "For directories, the manifest file should contain a <manifest:file-entry>
> > element only if a directory contains a document or a sub document. See
> > 3.1. A directory for administrative or convenience purposes, such as a
> > directory that contains various unrelated image files, should not have an
> > entry in the manifest file."
>
> I fear that there are many violations in the filters against this rule. I
> didn't know it myself.

BTW, one of my personal experimental branches from last year I am currently
brushing up to prepare a RR is about making the manifest writing happen
automatically inside KoOdfWriteStore, so that knowledge is
encapsulated/concentrated there and no client code needs to mess around with
that any longer (meanwhile also found an API DOX note from David F. proposing
to do that :) )

Hopefully will hit reviewboard the next WE or the one after.

Cheers
Friedrich